Friday, November 2, 2007

Finally, Some Knitting!

So, it's only day two of NaBloPoMo, and I'm squeaking in under the wire yet again. Tonight we went to see Barefoot in the Park at The Rep, and Rhett talked me into going out for dessert afterwards. Oldest and Middle are on a Scout campout, and Youngest is staying at Grandma's. I couldn't very well say no to pretending we don't have kids to come home to! At any rate, that got me home a little later, and then I spent the last fifteen minutes trying to figure out posting photos to the blog. Here we go!

This is the first time I've tried toe-up socks. I'm still trying to decide if I like it or not. The cast off seems a little ruffly to me, and the short row toe and heel aren't as portable as I'd like. It frustrated me when I couldn't take this project to school because I knew I'd have to concentrate too hard on the short rows. But hey, one down, one to go. I'm also working on this:

This is Wavy from Knitty. It seems like it's not as wavy as I'd like it to be yet, and it doesn't seem as wide, but it measures like the pattern. I made one of these for my niece a couple of years ago, and it seems like I had the same concerns last time, so I'll just keep on knitting.

I guess that's all for now. I had better post this quick before I miss the midnight deadline!

No comments: