Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Rules and How I Break Them

To have an entertaining blog, there are a few rules one should follow. Being that I generally love to bend, stretch, twist, and otherwise manipulate rules, it should come as no surprise that I don’t follow the rules for blogging either. Let us review:

1. Always have something funny, interesting, or enlightening to say, even if you are only posting that you have nothing to say.

Even though Rhett thinks that I never shut up, I actually do run out of things to say occasionally. (That’s usually when I resort to poking penguins.) Even if I haven’t run out of subjects to blather on about, I can’t promise that I’ll be remotely funny, interesting, or enlightening. Now funny looking I can work with.

2. Be constantly on the go. Make trips to interesting places like festivals, or vacation in exotic locales.

Here’s my current list of places I travel: school, back home again, the grocery store, and sometimes I actually make it to church. Scintillating, huh?

3. Take pictures of everything, and then make even the bad ones seem witty.

Have you heard my motto? It’s “Oh crap! I forgot the camera!”

4. Have remarkable friends with clever screen names who provide amusing anecdotes for your blog.

Um, yeah. Did you catch the part where I said the places I go are school, the grocery story, and home? The only people I regularly hang out with, I either married or gave birth to.


Oh well. Next week, my new pal KangarooCharmer and I are going to the first annual Knitting with Noodles Festival, and I’ll be sure to get pictures of the “linguine lace” class. Maybe I’ll have something good to post then.

No comments: