Saturday, November 3, 2007

Are We Done Yet? or ¡No Puedo Aprender Más!

I feel like I've hit a wall. I'm at that point in the semester when I just want to take a nap, and hopefully when I wake up it will be winter break. It's not that anything is really that difficult; I just don't seem to have the stamina to keep going. That's why I'm blogging right now instead of writing my two-page critique of Barefoot in the Park. And don't even ask me to conjugate subjunctive verbs in Spanish. I feel like that for every new Spanish word I learn now, one that I learned long ago falls out of my brain. I have reached full capacity. How on earth am I going to major in Spanish if learning to say, "Recomiendo que tú hables con tu mamá," means that I forget how to say, "¿Cómo estás?" Then there's the poetry paper, the research paper, the play analysis, etc... Never mind all the normal family chores that I'm supposed to be doing, but woefully neglecting. Let's just say I'm a little overwhelmed. So, I'm going to take that nap. I fully realize that when I wake up it won't be winter break yet - it will only be Saturday afternoon. But for now, that will have to do.

No comments: