Friday, October 19, 2007

The Obligatory Dear Husband Post (For That One Guy Up in Michigan)

One of Rhett’s buddies cruised by the blog the other day, and his main comment was that my dear husband is conspicuously absent from my writing. I don’t know if this truly concerned him, or if he was just making a casual observation. I honestly hadn’t really thought about it, but I guess after rereading previous posts, I can see why he thought that – but he’s wrong. Rhett’s presence is all over this blog. Just maybe not the way you would expect.

First of all, there wouldn’t even be a blog if it weren’t for Rhett. If I hadn’t gone back to school, I never would have remembered how much I love writing. Even now that I am back in school, Rhett is my number one cheerleader, constantly encouraging me to keep going. Rhett’s never-ending patience with my insanity/eccentricity ( I never know where one stops and the other begins) allows me to indulge my creative side, whether knitting or writing, while I try to decipher who I am and who I want to be.

So, never fear. Rhett’s absence is his presence. If you read about my latest escapades in academia or my tangled world of knitting, just know that Rhett is behind it all. Whether he’s helping with the housework or reminding me that I can accomplish my goals, Rhett is unmistakably important. Just like the old adage that says behind every successful man is a good woman, I firmly believe that behind every successful woman is a man who isn’t afraid to do the dishes.

No comments: