Thursday, October 4, 2007

Just Do the Math

I read an article called "30 Days to Success," and the premise sounded simple enough. Try a new habit for just thirty days, and then you can go back to your old miserable ways (or not). I decided I would try getting up each morning at 5:00 a.m., because as we all know:
early to bed + early to rise = healthy, wealthy, and wise

Unfortunately, I forgot a few other key equations. Like...
early to rise - early to bed = sleep deprivation

And...
sleep deprivation + PMS = total meltdown

Therefore...
early to rise + momof3gr8kids = What the *#%@ was I thinking?

1 comment:

Formidable, That One. said...

Lack of sleep + early mornings in my world = molitov cocktail moments with any poor innocent who is a repeat offender. Speaking of offenders, I just read your Rules of Engagement post and discovered that the offender was FEmale. Shall I just say, "Bless her heart, her momma must've forgotten to give her the social graces gene," or "Bless her heart, it must be terribly difficult to be such a nimrod?"